www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc - Link your Phone
www.Aka.ms/phonelinkqrc is used to link an Android device and a Windows PC. This Microsoft feature can only be between Android and Windows devices. Using the www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc feature, one can link their smartphone and PC and operate their phone functions on the computer itself.
Requirements to link your Phone with Windows
- Your Phone Companion: Do not worry if you do not have this app on your android; we have an easy trick- go to a web browser on your phone for www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Your Phone app on your Windows PC: users with Windows 10 version and above updates from 10 October 2018 would already have the Your Phone app installed on their PC.
- Wi-Fi connection: Both the devices must be connected to a strong and stable internet connection to avoid any inconvenience.
What is Phone Link on Windows?
Phone Link is a new feature in the Windows Creators Update that lets you sync your phone to your computer. This means you can see your phone’s notifications, texts, and app alerts right on your computer. Plus, you can use your phone as a trackpad or keyboard for your PC. To get started, all you need is the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc code.
How to Link Your Phone to a Windows computer with www.Aka.ms/phonelinkqrc ?
The following steps will tell you how to connect your phone to a Windows computer with www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc feature.
- Open the Settings app on your computer.
- Next, click on the Phone Option.
- Click on the option to “Add a phone” as shown below. On the next window, select the kind of phone you will be adding.
- Click on continue to proceed with the linking.
- Enter your active mobile number and click on Send. Microsoft will send a message to your mobile number containing the download link of the Phone Companion app that is essential to link your phone to your PC.
- Click the download link of “Your phone Companion app” from Microsoft.
- After the installation of the app, open it and scan the QR Code that is showing on www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Your Phone will now be successfully linked to your PC.
Another Method to Link Your Phone
- On your desktop device, search for ‘Phone Link’ and click on the corresponding option.
- Click ‘Get Started’ on the screen that appears.
- Under ‘Sign in with Microsoft’, click ‘Sign in’.
- Enter the email and the password of the account.
- On your Android device, go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- This should prompt you to download the app from the Google Play Store.
- Once you downloaded, open the app and select ‘Link your phone and PC’.
- From your desktop browser, go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- After a few seconds, a QR code will be created.
- Tap continue and then approve permission to access the camera.
- Bring your phone closer to your computer to scan the code.
- Accept permissions for contacts, calls, SMS, photos and other media.
- Tap continue from the next screen.
- Choose if you want the app to run in the background.
- This is more convenient, but will affect battery life.
- Select ‘Done’ on your phone and ‘Continue’ on your computer.
How to set up the link to windows application on android phone?
- Firstly, Open the Link to Windows application.
- Then click ‘Link Your Phone and PC‘.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- After that you will now have multiple options.
- Now scan the QR code on your Windows PC using your phone’s camera.
- Then go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc to see the QR code.
- After that press the Back button and choose the Sign-in with Microsoft option.
- Allow the necessary permissions and settings, and click Done.